Last updated: 3 November 2020
The fund aims to help to:
- Provide support for workers and workplaces in their response to and recovery from COVID-19
- Enhance the capability of business organisations, unions, and community providers to support workers (including contractors) and workplaces, to manage and minimise employment impacts and improve their position for recovery following COVID-19
- Recognise and provide support to Māori and Pasifika workers, businesses and community services, as well as vulnerable groups, such as migrant workers and their representatives.
The funding has been allocated to support as follows:
- $1,056,320 awarded to eight businesses.
- $412,260 awarded to six community groups and charities.
- $909,320 awarded to five unions.
Assessment of applications
Proposals have been reviewed against assessment criteria and decided on by an assessment panel, agreed by the Minister, with representatives from government, unions, business and community groups.
Funding will commence later this month. Applicants will be expected to report on their progress every three months, with the last report no later than July 2021.