The ERA and Resident Medical Officers. Course No 498
Contact: Melissa Dobbyn (09) 6233 993
This two-day course is targeted at delegates and members of the New Zealand Resident Doctors Association (primarily junior doctors) and other associated health groups.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the principles underlying the Employment Relations Act 2000
- understand the employees’ rights under the Act
- learn about contract enforcement under the Act including various means of enforcement
- understand employers and employees rights and responsibilities under the Act
- discuss principles of good faith and collective bargaining
- understand the concept of MECAs as they relate to our own agreement
- learn about the negotiation and bargaining options under the Act, using role plays and scenarios
- discuss mediation as a means of solving disputes
- learn about other relevant legislation including the Health and Safety in Employment Act and the Privacy Act
- apply the Act to employment issues that doctors face.
Approved for a period of three years from 22 May 2015.