An employee gets an alternative holiday for working on a public holiday that is an otherwise working day.
Summary of minimum leave and holiday entitlements for employees.
To work out an employee’s rights to holidays and leave, you need to know whether the day is an otherwise working day for the employee.
Bereavement leave is a special kind of paid leave that all employees who meet certain criteria can use if someone close to them dies.
Information about parental leave and associated entitlements such as government-funded parental leave payments.
Rights and responsibilities for domestic violence leave and short-term flexible working arrangements.
Other leave types such as garden leave, long service leave, voting leave, jury service, defence forces leave, and leave options for workplace stress or following a natural disaster.
Employees must be paid the right amount at the right time for holidays and leave. Annual holidays and worked public holidays are paid differently from other types of leave and holidays.
- Calculating annual holiday payment rates
- Paying via payroll system
- Pay for public holidays, sick and bereavement leave and alternative holidays
- Payment for leave and holidays in final pay
- Relevant and average daily pay
- Changes to tax legislation applying to employee share schemes (ESS)
- Holiday and leave entitlement and payment ‘must-knows’
- Gross earnings to calculate payment for holidays and leave