Escalating unresolved issues

Employers and employees can take further action if they can't resolve employment problems.

When a matter has not been resolved through mediation or other processes then an employee or employer may take the matter on to the Employment Relations Authority, the Employment Court or Human Rights Tribunal.

Employment Relations Authority

If you have a problem at work that you haven’t been able to resolve by talking to the other person or by using mediation, you can ask the ERA to resolve the issue by making a binding decision.

Employment Court

If you’re unhappy with the Employment Relations Authority’s decision, you can challenge it in the Employment Court.

Human Rights Review Tribunal

The Human Rights Review Tribunal can deal with claims of breaches of human rights and privacy in the workplace.

Still haven't found what you're looking for?