Employment relations education leave

A union may allocate paid employment relations education (ERE) leave so members can attend approved courses in employment relations.

Only approved courses can be used for ERE purposes. Applications for course approval can be made by any individual, group or organisation that wishes to provide employment relations education, and courses submitted for approval will be accepted throughout the year.

A contestable fund  is available to assist with the development and running of ERE courses. Applications to the fund will be asked for annually. This fund is only open to providers of ERE courses.

Calculating, allocating and taking ERE leave

The union calculates the amount of leave entitlement per employer and lets the employer know. The union allocates the leave to union members who apply to take ERE leave.

ERE-approved courses

Employment relations education (ERE) leave can only be used for courses which have been approved by the Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety.

Applying for ERE course approval

How to apply to have a course approved for employment relations education (ERE) leave, and reporting requirements.

Using pre-approved courses

A union may apply to use a course which has already been approved for ERE use by another union.

Applying to have a course re-approved

ERE courses are approved for three years initially. Any application for re-approval is assessed on whether the course continues to meet approval criteria.

Still haven't found what you're looking for?