Employees find it helpful to understand what the rules are that cover their workplace. These can be provided in policies, procedures, codes, rules and guidelines.
A brief introduction to health and safety in the workplace. For more detailed information visit WorkSafe New Zealand’s website.
Implementing and demonstrating ethical and sustainable work practices is essential to future proofing business.
- What are ethical and sustainable work practices
- Demand for ethical and sustainable work practices
- End-to-end assurance systems and processes
- Employer's approach to assuring ethical and sustainable work practices
- Procurer's approach to assuring ethical and sustainable work practices in supply chains
- Franchisor's approach to assuring ethical and sustainable work practices
- Recruiters and employment brokers approach to assuring ethical and sustainable work practices
- Director’s approach to assuring ethical and sustainable work practices
- Investor’s approach to assuring ethical and sustainable work practices
People who report serious wrongdoing in the workplace can be protected by the Protected Disclosures Act 2000.
Restraint of trade clauses prevent employees from working in similar businesses in a way that may affect their former employer’s business.
Information to help remove barriers to employment for disabled people.
- Disability definitions and etiquette
- The benefits of being a disability confident organisation
- Plan to become a disability confident organisation
- Reasonable accommodation (measures)
- Communications support
- Hiring disabled people
- Keeping disabled employees
- Financial help and wages
- Disability information and resources for employers
- Resources and government support for disabled employees and jobseekers
Guidance for employees, employers, and businesses around COVID-19 and the workplace, including leave and pay entitlements, and modifying employment agreements.
- Leave and pay entitlements during COVID-19
- Vaccines and the workplace
- Employment guide for workers at different COVID-19 traffic light settings
- Addressing health and safety concerns
- Modifying employment agreements during COVID-19 response and recovery
- Terminating employment agreements during COVID-19
- COVID-19: Guidance for payroll professionals
- COVID-19 financial support
- Wage subsidy and Leave Support: Complaints about employers
- Employment New Zealand's approach to COVID-19
- Temporary changes to parental leave law due to COVID-19