Employees find it helpful to understand what the rules are that cover their workplace. These can be provided in policies, procedures, codes, rules and guidelines.
A brief introduction to health and safety in the workplace. For more detailed information visit WorkSafe New Zealand’s website.
People who report serious wrongdoing in the workplace can be protected by the Protected Disclosures Act 2000.
Restraint of trade clauses prevent employees from working in similar businesses in a way that may affect their former employer’s business.
Information to help remove barriers to employment for disabled people.
- Disability definitions and etiquette
- The benefits of being a disability confident organisation
- Plan to become a disability confident organisation
- Reasonable accommodation (measures)
- Communications support
- Hiring disabled people
- Keeping disabled employees
- Financial help and wages
- Disability information and resources for employers
- Resources and government support for disabled employees and jobseekers